01 June 2012

Relief

How cool is this shadow coming into my bedroom?

It always amazes me how life can be so good one day and feel so hopeless the next or vice-versa.

I had a really bad week this week. I was anxiously waiting for an ultrasound that we had yesterday and had been experiencing some really bad tightenings/ contractions and a terrible lower back ache.. I was so worried that I was going into labour and it really could not have been at a worse time because at 24 weeks gestation most babies who are born (and survive) are left with terrible brain damage and are usually blind and deaf.

(It's actually amazing how a baby born at 24 weeks has so little chance of survival and by 28 weeks most babies not only survive but grow up without any long term side effects/ health problems.. Every single day matters at this point).

But luckily, our ultrasound yesterday showed a beautiful healthy little boy and a cervix that is still very long and closed.. no sign of any problems at all!

I can't tell you what relief it was to hear them say "long and closed". It's funny how my whole world now revolves around the length of my cervix!

So.. just a few more weeks and we will be over the scary part! And after my ultrasound yesterday, we are feeling very confident that we will get there..

3 more weeks!! Come on!

*This is a photo of a shadow that came into my bedroom yesterday through my square sunlight?! How cool is that!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything is going well. Best wishes and warm thoughts from the other side of the world.

Steph said...

That's wonderful news! Such a beautiful slice of sunlight too. So very pleased your little man is happy. WIshing you a speedy next few weeks :) x

Anonymous said...

How exciting - you can do it!

Helen said...

good to hear that all is going well :)

Jess @ Caffeine and Tutus said...

Wonderful news! So glad everything is all going well xx

little miss olive said...

that's fabulous news! i hope that the next three weeks fly by quickly and easily for you.

and wow..i thought that the first picture was something you'd photoshopped. it's so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hello Katie! Remember me? So happy to hear that you are in good health and the baby is fine. What a journey for you so far. I have started blogging again and will pop in regularly. Take good care, Wynona x

Amanda said...

So glad all is okay Katie. I remember hanging out for the 12 week mark and thinking I'd be able to then relax, but for me, I felt MUCH more relaxed after 28 weeks.

Beautiful photo.

Sorry I haven't stopped by much lately, have had limited online time... off to have a catch up now... xx

Maddie said...

Great news. Hang in there and keep counting down the days to 28 weeks. xx

Unknown said...

So relieved for you that everything is happy and well in that long and closed cervix of yours;) That shadow is gorgeous! How special to grab a photo of it. Treasure. x

Miss-B said...

Was getting a little worried by your absence. Glad everything is still going well ... you've got a lot of people *silently* cheering you and your little man along from across the web.

At Number 32 said...

You so deserve it. It has been long and hard I can only imagine, but well done you. It will be so worth it. Very exciting xx

Nikki Fisher said...

Incredible photo a little sunbeam of love - beautiful. You are doing an amazing job. Wishing you boundless patience, faith and energy.

Anonymous said...

So relieved to hear all is well. Was hoping for an update to say all is well with your beautiful little one and here it is! Wonderful news! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Lara said...

Please know you are being watched over and loved very much.
Nothing is going to go wrong for you.
Feel the hugs from the ether...
they are all there loving you and trying to let you know to let the fear go.
He/you are doing beautifully,
just enjoy the ride
and trust the love and the beauty that surrounds you every moment.
(You are never alone in that bedroom, I'll tell you that much!)
Take care lovely one, be at peace xox

one claire day said...

that'll do cervix... that'll do ;)

Great news Katie! x

little love said...

That's fantastic. So glad that your pregnancy is progressing well & that your little boy is thriving in there! xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...